In this episode Ryan, Patrick, Jess, and Brian discuss the government’s, media’s, and society’s reaction to #BlackLivesMatter, in the context of the non-indictment of the officers who murdered Tamir Rice, and the reaction to the armed occupation of a federal building in Oregon by a group some call #VanillaIsis. Yes, that was one sentence. We don’t really specifically talk about articles, like in other shows, but below are some links we think would be helpful. Before that though, here’s two ways you can help:
Give to the Tamir Rice Justice Fund
Attend a Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) meeting and see how you can help
- #OregonUnderAttack: The Tweets You Need to See | Heavy.com
- For a bit of light-hearted stuff
- Ammon Bundy decries federal “tyranny,” but he sought aid from the government to help his company.#whiteguysbeangry
- Oregon Militants Say They’re Getting Worse Treatment Than Black Lives Matter Movement
- The Case for Civil Disobedience in Oregon (Oh…really) **you might get angry**
- Fox pundit: Oregon militia are not ‘thugs’ like black protesters because they fight ‘government gone wild’
- Why aren’t we calling the Oregon occupiers ‘terrorists’?
- The Oregon standoff with Ammon Bundy isn’t evidence of a racial double standard. **you might get angry**
- BLACK LIVES MATTER ACTIVISTS WERE SHACKLED IN JAIL AT CHRISTMAS FOR CLOSING THE 405
- John ‘Shit for Brains’ Kasich Doesn’t Keep Up With National Events
- Vox says that the Feds aren’t acting because white people might get hurt.
- No Indictment in Tamir Rice Case